Thursday, January 31, 2008

Today

Today is my birthday. I am twenty years old today, the last one in the family to leave the teenage years.

I feel old.

I know, I know twenty isn't exactly nearing retirement, but I think it's mix of my environment change and responsibility change that happened about a month ago, but now it's marked by a birthday. I really felt it yesterday. After the boys left I cleaned the house. Like, really really cleaned. And it sucked, but I did it anyway (how did my mom ever do it?), and when I got home it was a little dirty again. That made me angry- I do work and not only is it not recognized, but it's not respected. Again, how on earth did you do that for years and years, mom? So anyway, I have that job of putting forth a share of house work, or as a movie we watched in Sociology today called it, unpaid labor, as well as school and the hours and hours of more unpaid labor that I put in at the theatre.

So, again, I feel old.
But, hey, that's life and I love being twenty already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home